Monday, December 28, 2009

A new beginning

A new year is ending. Again! And as every year, we look at what we did, what happened, and feel satisfied or not about it. I use Facebook to share with friends what is happening with my life everyday (or at least pretty often). But when I decided to have this blog some years ago I thought of sharing my life with the world. It is hard to open to the entire world and be me. I am not ready. Maybe I am not old enough to not care about exposing myself out there. I have received encouragement from friends to write here. So here I am. So far I have tried to be careful about my writing. Specially, grammatically. But that takes me a lot of time. And I don't have time. Also, I have been very careful about leaving A message in each post. And again, that takes more thinking (and more time).
This year 2009 has been a looooooong year for me. I wrote a Ph.D. thesis during the first quarter of the year. I graduated in May. YEY!!! I waited and waited for the results of the applications I sent to the difficult job market. I got a job that I am very grateful of thanks to networking (I promise I will write a post about the importance of networking!!!). I moved from Boston to Los Angeles. From the East Coast to the West Coast. From North to South. And I left behind not only books but years of a life-changing experience. Friends that are "Family" (I am crying so let's leave it there).
Let's make a change! Let's try to be. Simply be. Simply have a place to talk. An informal talk about whatever. No deep thoughts. Can someone stop by and say hi in this blog? Yes, let's start there. Just say hi whoever you are. I will do the same...

Hi!!!

2 comments:

Layla said...

There should be an "I like" button like fb here:) You inspire me to go back to writing. I have a very neglected blog too :(

Angelica said...

Grande Male!!!